In regard to children, we:
1. Recognise and celebrate children’s individual development and interests, and plan experiences to support and extend their learning.
2. Provide opportunities for children to actively participate in creating their own learning through hands-on exploration of open-ended materials.
3. Allow children long periods of uninterrupted time at play, to explore and gain satisfaction from their experiences.
4. Empower children to exercise independence, contribute to the program, make choices about their day, and feel they can make a difference to the world around them.
5. Encourage and support interest and connection with the natural world and the outdoor environment.
6. Guide children to respect each other, equipment and the environment.
7. Provide opportunities for children to express themselves creatively through a range of materials.